YUM: Lactation Cookies!
Most new moms worry about their milk supply…Is baby getting enough? Am I expressing enough? There are a wide range of supplements you can take but none are as sweet as these Lactation Cookies! Eat ‘em up and enjoy!
Lactation Cookies Recipe
1 cup butter or coconut oil
1 & 1/2 cups brown sugar
4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal (can be found at any local health food store)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups oats, thick cut if you can get them
1 cup or more dark chocolate chips or raisins, ect- whatever sounds yummy!
2-4 tablespoons of brewers yeast (heaping spoonfuls are great!…..IMPORTANT! Do not substitute the brewers yeast… that’s the ingredient which makes them work)
If you don’t notice much of an increase the first time or if you need to increase your supply even more, add more brewers yeast.
Lactation Cookie Recipe Variation Ideas
Preparation time is around 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 *F
1) Mix together 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal and water, set aside for 3-5 minutes.
2) Cream (beat well) butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, mix well.
3) Stir flaxseed mixture and add with vanilla to the butter mix. Beat until blended.
4) Sift together dry ingredients, except oats and chips.
5) Add to butter mixture. Stir in oats and chips.
6) Scoop or drop onto baking sheet, preferably lined with parchment. Because the dough is a little crumbly, it might be easier if you use a scoop.
Bake for 8-12 minutes, depending on size of cookies. Makes approximately 6 dozen cookies.
PLEASE, Try them out and let me know what kind of results you get!